Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wow! Talk about exhausting. That's just what this last week and a half has been.

Josh's family was in town from Chicago so we spent most of our free time last week hanging out with them. I love them all dearly and cherish the time we have together but loathe the chaos that comes with it. I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda person. I need a plan; something to look forward to. I'm sure it's crazy but Cheryl understands, right?! The week was spend playing many games of Dominos and eating way, way too much food. All in all it was a great visit.

I wish I had more to say about Emme. :( She's old enough now where she doesn't hit a milestone every day or week. She keeps cracking us up with her funny sayings. We have the silliest conversations sometimes. She had Josh almost in tears last night laughing. She's pretty darn cute! I mean, but would you expect any different? She loves her dollhouse (or "dollShouse" as she calls it). She's really into me reading to her. She loves music. She's very bossy to her little sister and sometimes attempts to talk to us that way. She's my sweet Princess and I love her more than life!

Ellie is...well...Ellie. I'm sure you've figured out that nothing good lasts for long. Things have been getting pretty bad again the past two weeks with the screaming and not pooping, etc. She's not napping well and is very unhappy. Long story short I decided to try and get in to the Ped. GI that specializes in her field (GERD, motility and Celiac disease). He had a 3 month wait but I name dropped our Pediatricians name and we got in in two weeks. :) Gotta love the connections! A few months ago, before our first GI appointment, I wrote out Ellie's whole story (dates of doctor visits, what was said, what we went for, meds, formulas, reactions- everything). I decided that it was time to update it and combine her "story" with how her GI visits have been going. It was 4 pages long! Yikes! There is a really, really awesome website called MARCI-Kids. They're a very up and coming research group on GERD and motility problems in infants. I decided, "Heck, I have Ellie's whole story written out for our new GI appointment in two weeks. I'm going to send it to them and get their input as to if they have anything specific I should ask for (med, tests), add, etc." I didn't figure they would respond as I'm sure they get tons of emails a day asking for their input. I sent it to one of the research doctors that deals with the medicine/drug side of things and another research doctor who is the professor of childrens gastroenterology. Come to find out they are based out of MU!!!!!!!! I about peed myself with excitment when I found out that world renowned doctors are just an hour and half from us! Luckily, I made it to the bathroom in time. :) Ok, so, I emailed them her story. You'll never guess what! I got a reply from one of them within 20 minutes! Ahhhh! AND, what's even more shocking is he is out on research until the 19th. So the fact that he checked it and emailed me back right away was incredible. He said he wants to see us asap, so we're in the process of getting an appointment set up. They'll probably admit Ellie for a few days to run a wireless pH probe and do a few other things to see why she can't poop.

So in a very small nutshell, that is our exciting news! Hooray! Please pray that God will provide accordingly for the costs of all of this and that Ellie will do well with all of the tests, etc.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Great to hear an update! I can't wait for Monday! We will keep little Ellie in our prayers:)