Thursday, August 6, 2009

Well, Ellie officially failed her milk trial. It's unfortunate to say that the makers of Neocate will continue to rob us blind. Eesssh! These kids. I did buy some coconut milk today and she's been drinking that pretty well. Hoping to get some extra calories in her! I've gotta head back to Nature's Pantry or Whole Foods and just browse the aisles for some snack-y things for her.

Went to the doctor today and he confirmed my fears that he thinks Cohen is going to be freaking huge. See, I had a Level 2 sonogram on July 22. According to my very first sonogram, I should have been about 20 weeks and 5 days at this time. He was measuring closer to 22 weeks measurement-wise and 23 weeks for weight (17oz). And this was 3 weeks ago...For those of you that don't have kids and this means absolutely nothing, just take it as I'm afraid...very afraid. I got an email last week saying "your baby should be approaching one pound now" and I literally start to panic! "He was over a pound two weeks ago! What is this going to mean!?"

I did mention that Josh is a chronic ITPer so he's calling the perinatologist (again) to see if we have to do an amnio. Just when I though I was able to escape this awful test! I guess if he does have elevated platelets (which we have no reason to think he does) that will mean c-section because vaginal births are very traumatic on ITP kids. I'm just choosing to not focus on possibility of having an enormous needle stuck in my stomach.

No comments: