Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sometimes I think God hates me and shows it by my interactions with the CVS pharmacy here in Raytown. I mean, seriously, I've never been around so many incompetent people before. I honestly don't say that to be rude, but they really are. To make an obnoxiously long story short, I tried to fill an RX on Wednesday of last week. They said it wouldn't be in stock until Friday. We go to pick it up today, Sunday, do they have it? No. Was it ever taken off hold? No. They told us not to worry, the CVS in Independence had the medicine (only 30 minutes away). Halsey and I run to Independence and get the meds. As I'm sitting in the van examining the bottle, I realized I didn't recognize the generic name. Or the strength. Seriously!??! I push the call button to ask why the strength is different. She says that it's not, she filled it for what the sheet said. I asked to see it, she points to the top one. That would've been great if I needed the drug that was on top! AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Blah, blah, blah, they don't have the drug in stock- no one has the drug in stock. I called every other pharmacy around. No one has this drug. So I just drove 30 minutes out of my way for a medicine they didn't even have. To make matters worse, the only way Ellie will get this medicine is by us (me) driving alllll the way downtown to the Children's hospital to get it.

Have you ever seen those SNL blurbs from "Weekend Update" where Seth Myers and Amy Pohler do the "SERIOUSLY!?!?!" sketch? Well, this is exactly one of them.

Needless to say CVS will be getting a very lengthy call from me in the morning.

Oh, and while we were at the drive thru trying to get the meds in the first place, the two moron teenagers that worked drive thru window 1 at McDonalds decided it'd be a great idea to drop a chain of napkins out the window and the LIGHT THEM ON FIRE! SERIOUSLY!?!??!?! You do this crap when there are cars in plain sight!?

I'm convinced everyone is just...well, ignorant would put it kindly.

*sigh* I feel better. Thanks.
--------------

Don't worry, I've saved the day and won a MOTY (Mother-Of-The-Year) award!

1 comment:

Halsey said...

you mean when i was with you those kids lit napkins on fire?? or before that?