Monday, January 26, 2009

Do you ever have those days where you're just so tired that you can't seem to get anything done? Yeah, it's one of those days. It doesn't help that the sun isn't out, either. I always do better when the sun is out. This isn't to say I haven't done anything productive today, because I have, just not what was at the top of my list.

I made mini muffins this morning and put them in snack baggies. It really saves money and helps with portion control. Who knew that a $1.69 box of muffin mix would make 13 snacks? I also sliced and bagged our blocks of cheese and summer sausage. I sliced and diced my snack veggies and a few other items. I feel mildly successful. Don't tell anyone! Oh, I did manage to do the dishes and start a load of laundry. But that's all folks, we wouldn't want to aim too high now would we?

Emme and Ellie have been playing together lately. Other than a few attempts to tackle and lunge at Ellie, Emme has been so kind and loving. She tells her all about the toys and "Baby EinSCine". She calls her "sweetie pie" and "honey". I got Ellie belly laughing on tape at Emme the other day. It was just t-o-o sweet. What a cool gift to give them; a sibling. I hope they are close.

I think we need to be checked into the looney bin. Josh and I have started talking about another kiddo. I know, I know. It's crazy. It really is. We both keep saying, "Are we nuts!? NOW!?". I guess it's defeinitely in our cards though. If it sounds like a good idea during all of this, it's probably meant to be. I mean, that is, if God thinks it's meant to be. (Did I really just write that? I'm normally such a private person. Hmmm...must be the crazy person talkin'.)

The week is shaping up to be pretty boring. And I'm thrilled! I hope to do some more baking with Emme. Maybe some random organizing (who doesn't love a perfectly organized closet or bathroom drawer?!). Tomorrow I'm going to a vegetarian cooking class with my girlfriend, Courtney. It should be an exciting time. I just love to cook and am thrilled with any adventure to further my knowledge on this subject. I heart food. I'd like to learn more about wine. Not sure why, really. I don't care for drinking it (I'm a Amaretto Sour kinda' girl). I guess I just feel the need to be well-versed on all things food. The whole cheese avenue doesn't really interest me, though. Again, I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's stinky and bitter. I never want to eat anything that has a tendency to smell like Frank H----'s feet. I'll pass on this one...*shiver*

We still don't have Ellie's biopsy results. I guess God is doing all he can to teach me patience. I'm far from patient, but much, much closer than I was before. Hopefully we'll know in the next couple of days...?

Well, I should run. Tonight I'm making Imperial Chicken for dinner and I need to go spruce up my bread crumbs. I know, it's exciting. What can I say? I like to live on the edge.

2 comments:

Halsey said...

wow I shivered when I readthat. It's pretty hard to eat fritos now!

I told you you were gonna have 500 kids. You're cursed :)

BTW, i really like my hair. thank you and good job!

Brittney said...

I know I am. Famous last words "I do NOT want kids"...