Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ugh. I hate chaotic mornings. They just set the mood for the day and I do not like it.

Ellie woke a little early today. While Josh fed her I jumped in the shower. When I was done I ran to the kitchen to wrap up Em's cookies for her party at school today, got Emme up- took her to the bathroom, got her dressed, did her hair, put shoes on, then I had to throw my clothes on. All this time Ellie is screaming bloody murder in her bouncer. Yeesh! It was 7:55 and Nana was going to be here at 8:15 to pick Emme up for breakfast and take her to school. (They've started doing this every so often on Thursday's.) I get my clothes on, ask Josh to make another ounce for El, run to the kitchen to make Josh and Emme's lunch. Done. Whew! Grab Ellie and put her down for a nap so Josh can leave, grab a Mountain Dew and then Nana is here. Send Emme out the door and collapse on the nice, comfy computer chair with my glorious Mountain Dew to enjoy the peace and quiet. That is way too much to be done by 8:15am. I'm already in need of a nap!

In other good news, Josh ordered the Roku box from Netflix. I know he's really excited to get this, and I'll admit I am too. It sounds really neat. It has like 12,000 shows and movies on there that you can instantly watch. Plus you can stream in movies that are on your queue and watch them right then. I'm sure that sounds a little confusing but I think it's really going to be fun to have.

We've got a busy weekend ahead. It's full of fun stuff though so I can't complain. Tonight LeAnn is going to come over and watch the girls so Josh and I can go to a movie (I think we're going to see Pride and Glory). Tomorrow we're getting insulation blown into the attic, going to have lunch with Josh, taking Em Trick or Treating at her school, then taking the girls to Mimi's and we're going to go see some old friends that are having a Halloween Party. (Our friend Jace is back from getting his Master's at MIT and we'll be going to his office space/loft downtown. It'll be sooooo good to him again!) Saturday we have hometeam event at Tim and Carrie's. Sunday I have to work in the nursery both services (yuck!), do Halsey's hair, and then we're going to Jeff and Tracy's for a BBQ. Hopefully Monday will work out and I'll be going to meet some good friends at The Melting Pot for their amazing cheese and chocolate Happy Hour. Mmmmm! Like I said, busy but fun.

Well, I better run. I know you all are so bummed I can't share more boring details of our life right now. :) But I have some laundry to fold, a kitchen to clean and some never-ending organizing to do.

No comments: