Monday, September 29, 2008


Emme on her first day of preschool. Doesn't she look 4 and not 2.5?


It's a monumental day in our house. This is Ellie's first ponytail.


The torture has already started- and she's only 3 months here.

I thought I should start a blog to keep track of what the girls are doing. It gets so hard to keep everyone updated so I thought this might come in handy. Now it's all up to you!

Ellie is doing so much better. She was diagnosed with a severe milk allergy, severe silent reflux and Delayed Gastric Emptying (DGE). She's on Neocate (it's a RX formula) for the allergy, Nexium for the reflux, and Erythromycin for the DGE. The day she started the Erythromycin she was so much happier and has been pretty much since then. Thank you, Lord! I think He knew Josh and I couldn't take much more of the screaming! We're still having trouble getting her to go to the restroom like she should, but I'm sure that will all work out with time and getting her tummy on track...finally.

Emme is showing her personality more and more each day. She's very dramatic and sensitive...I have no idea where she got that. ;) She says the funniest things. The other day while I was taking her to preschool, the stoplight had just turned green and she told me, "GO LADY! YOU KIDDING ME!?". It was hilarious and after I contained myself I had to tell her that we didn't talk to Mommy that way. She has been having a bit of an attitude lately and is the epitomy of Miss Independent. "EMME DO IT!", is what she always says. She's doing awesome on the potty and has woke dry most mornings. I'm sure she could go all night without a diaper but right now I barely have time to take a shower, much less wash her sheets every day. (Maybe I should get off here then?) She, unfortunately, has started liking Barney. I've heard her the past few days singing the "clean up" song while she was picking up her toys. She's able to say her first Bible verse which she learned at preschool. She calls me "punkin'", "honey" and "buns" most of the time. "Doing, Punkin'?" "Hi, Buns!"She's getting better and better at counting- when she wants to. She has become an extreme Mommy's Girl lately- which I'll admit can be very overwhelming. Sometimes I just want to pee in peace! I don't feel that's too much to ask! :)

We don't have anything too thrilling going on during the day today. I need to get some storage tubs to clean out the girls closets and get that all stored away. There is always tons of laundry and dishes to be done. Bottles need to be washed. We all have to get baths. Blah blah blah. The list is never ending.




2 comments:

Amber said...

So Much fun. I love to see the kids becoming their own people. Good to hear that I'm not the only one with pet names. Praise God you got what ellie needed it is good to know that a mother does know best no matter what any So Called Dr says. Keep it up they are so worth it.

much love
amber

adaisyonmytoe said...

Love it! What a great idea. I laughed so hard at Emme's witticisms. She's a mouth, that one. :)
I didn't know Ellie has been sick. I must be so out of the loop. What are you feeding her in place of milk? I can't imagine how you've stood the screaming. Glad you've found out what the problem is.
When's our next visit with the new-and-improved itinerary? :)