Monday, April 27, 2009

My good friend Courtney has inspired me to share more of my beloved food adventures. I decided to go easy and just start by listing my weekly menu.

Saturday:
L: leftover BBQ
D: eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, fruit
S: cheese and crackers

Sunday:
L: Hot Pockets and salad
D: Sandwiches, steamed veggies
S: whatever you can find

Monday:
L: Healthy Choice Steamers
D: Tortilla soup, chips
S: apple/cheese

Tuesday:
L: leftover soup
D: Quiche, salad
S: melon/cottage cheese

Wednesday:
L: leftover quiche
D: BBQ meatloaf, salad, rolls, steamed veggies
S: orange/crackers

Thursday:
L: leftover meatloaf and sides
D: Hotdogs, potato salad, beans
S: cheese/cookies

Friday:
L: Sandwich, chips, grapes
D: out/leftovers
S: whatever you can find!

I don't normally plan breakfast because it's usually the same things: eggs, toast, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, etc. I always do my shopping on Saturday's. I try to plan my weeks menu by the sale ads and this has really helped save money. Sure, I could do better, and I did when planning/buying for two weeks at a time, but my cart would get so big and full I had to stop before I had everything!

The great thing about quiche is, not only is it amazingly delicious, it also allows you to use whatever you have in the fridge and do so for very cheap! Sometimes I do lunch meat (turkey or ham), cheese, garlic, onion, different spices (whatever looks yummy that day). Sometimes we do veggies one. Sometimes it's just cheese. It's an amazingly versatile dish that yields even better results. Did I mention it's super cheap?! Generally I like to grease my pie dish, use about 6-7 eggs (depending on how much/many filling(s) I have), bake at 350 for 25ish minutes (until the middle is set), and then let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting.

*Blogger is being weird and won't let me attach links so here they are:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Tortilla-Soup/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BBQ-Glazed-Homemade-Meatballs/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Skinned-Potato-Salad/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

Courtney said...

yummy..... i want quiche, i am coming over, hehe

thanks for the mention

Molly Flanagan said...

*sigh*... you are making me feel bad about myself. i HATE to cook. i have a pork roast in the oven right now. it is going to come out tasting like i dug it out of the trashcan.

oh, and at first, when i was reading this i thought the third entry on each day was dinner. and i was like, hmm, apples and crackers for dinner... i like that idea! then i realized it was snack. cool that you plan your snacks!