Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sorry, that post of Ellie screaming was for Dr. M to watch. But you all are more than welcome to listen to her scream! ;)

Another day spent at Children's. Had to drop off a stool sample and go to medical records to get alllll of El's test results and labs to send to STL. After they get up from nap I have to go to my OB and get my records from being prego with her and then go to Lee's Summit to get even more records. That should be all (ha!) I need and I'll overnight it to STL tomorrow! Talk about a process.

We got her lab results this morning. Everything was fine on the ultrasound and blood for the most part. Her liver enzymes were elevated. Now, I'm sure this isn't accurate, but I'm starting to wonder about liver stuff. Last time she had her blood drawn (Sept) her liver protein was high, along with her platelets.

When we were last at the Chiro Ellie pooped (as she usually does after being adjusted...?) and Peggy (Chiro) noticed the color. Her poops, 97% of the time, are still meconium-like. She told me to ask about liver stuff the next time we go to GI so I did on Monday. Hence the reason for blood work.

At any rate, this is where we stand. And keep standing. It's hard to not get your hopes up when you have specific appointments but as parents, we always do. And every time we get the call that everything is normal, we get disappointed all over again. How much longer of waiting and guessing? Should kids really have this hard of time pooping? I think not. *sigh* What can ya do though?

No comments: