Tuesday, December 9, 2008


Emme at 6 months.

Emme (33 months) and Ellie (6 months). I know it's not the best picture, it's just the only one where they're both looking at me!


I can't believe the difference in Emme and Ellie at the same age. By this time Emme had been eating solids for 2 months and sitting up by herself. Ellie is just now starting on cereal (started oatmeal today- watching for allergies) and can barely sit on the floor folded in half. I know it's hard to picture, but I took one and I'll try and post it later. Emme is/was super laid back (most of the time) and Ellie is very tempermental. The one thing they have in common is sleep; they're both great sleepers! It's funny to see how different siblings are, even when they have the same parents!

In other news...Emme is sick with the stomach flu I had on Sunday night. I got sick after eating some chicken so that has only furthered my desire to be a vegetarian. I've never been a big meat-eater (I don't have a problem with the meat "thing" itself, I just don't really care for it. You'll definitely never see me supporting PETA.) I seceretly enjoy when my kids are sick because it means a relaxing day in PJ's and lots of snuggles. Emme doesn't want me to snuggle her right now so I'm on here posting. I hope she starts to feel better soon. It's cute how she says she doesn't feel good. She says, "Mommy, I full good". She's too cute.

Ellie is teething. Her bottom two teeth are trying to break through and she is in full blown slobber and chew-on-everything-in-sight mode. She started oatmeal cereal today and actually gobbled it down. She's only thrown up once so far so that's good. I'll be watching for the same things she had with her rice cereal reaction (hives, inconsolable screaming, stuffy/runny nose, watery eyes, etc). She goes to the pediatric allergist on Thursday for a consultation and possible testing. (We've met our OOP expense for the year so we're trying to schedule all we can before the end of the year.)

Josh went to the allergist yesterday. It was much needed. He only tested environmental stuff yesterday and goes back Monday for food testing. He's definitely allergic to mold and dust mites (which we already thought). He also had a horrible sinus infection. They gave him a nasal spray to try for the next week and a medicine for his sinus infection. I hope he can find some relief. My poor fella was so miserable!

We're having his family birthday dinner tonight at Mama China in Raytown. Mmmmm! We're all looking forward to that!

I guess I had better run. Emme wants to get on Disney's website and play some "princess" games. Hehehe.


1 comment:

Halsey said...

:) I had fun watching the girls Saturday. I was so exhausted by 7:30 and I wasn't even the one changing their diapers! bah. It's amazing how mothers get through every day...

I'm proud of you!